Home

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sorrel!





I'm kind of obsessed with sorrel, right now. I've always seen it listed in my herbal medicine books but I've never seen it in person- until I found some at the farmer's market last weekend. It was love at first bite!
Sorrel looks a bit like mature spinach but with a smoother texture and a completely different taste. It's tart and lemony. The only thing I've eaten that tastes like it are shamrock leaves and flowers (which are very tasty, by the way.)

I haven't experimented with it in recipes yet, as I love it simply chopped with a dollop of greek yogurt and some sea salt. Red peppers or tomatoes would be nice, too (maybe not for you nightshade- avoiding Paleo die-hards, though!) For lunch today, I had the aforementioned salad with some chicken sausage and a handful of raw hazelnuts. Very European of me!

Here is a yummy looking sorrel salad recipe.

-Erin

1 comment: